AHA launches "We Love #BighornCountry" Contest!
2019-01-11Enter the We love #BighornCountry Contest!
WE LOVE BIGHORN COUNTRY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The We Love Bighorn Country Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Nordegg Vacation Rentals, located at Box 122, Nordegg, Alberta T0M 2H0 Canada and by the Alberta Hiking Association, located at 50 50251 Range Road 234, Leduc County, Alberta T4X 0L6 Canada (the “Sponsors”). There is one (1) Grand Prize to be awarded. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Who Can Enter:
1. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, with the exception of residents of Québec, who are over the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry (the “Entrant”).
2. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
3. Employees (including volunteer directors) of the Sponsors or any of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, legal guardians, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. The Contest is open from Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:59AM Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) to Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:59 AM MST (the “Contest Period”).
How To Enter:
5. The Contest may be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://welovebighorncountry.pgtb.me/JStjwh . This contest entry form may also be accessed via the Alberta Hiking Association’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/albertahiking . The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
6. During the Contest Period, eligible entrants may earn one (1) additional entry into the random drawing of the Grand Prize in by sharing their unique referral link with friends. If the referral link is used to generate a unique, new entry, an additional entry will be awarded to the referring entrant.
7. Limit of one (1) entry per person per registration during the Contest Period.
8. Any use of an electronic device to enhance or alter entrants’ odds of winning will count as a fraudulent entry. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified.
9. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Receipt of entries for the random draw will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Contest Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
10. The Sponsors reserve the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the Official Rules.
11. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and Entrant represents and warrant that Entrant meets the eligibility requirements. In addition, Entrant agrees to accept the decisions of the Sponsors as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
Grand Prize Draw:
12. A random draw will be conducted on or about Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 1:00 PM MST by the administration office of the Sponsors to select one (1) winner of all eligible entries received. Chances of winning the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
13. Following the draw for the Grand Prize, the selected entrant will be contacted by email using the email account provided with their entry submission.
14. In order to be verified the Grand Prize winner, the selected entrant must:
• Respond to the prize notification message within five (5) days of transmission;
• Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
• Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
(i) has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
(ii) releases and discharges the Sponsors; and
(iii) Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the Sponsors of the winner’s name and/or photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation to the winner.
15. Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsors or anyone involved in the Contest.
16. The Sponsors shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Return of any prize notification message as “undeliverable” may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
17. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Grand Prize:
18. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and up to five (5) companions and will consist of two (2) nights’ accommodation in a vacation home courtesy of Nordegg Vacation Rentals.
19. The approximately retail value is seven hundred and sixty-six dollars (CAD$766).
20. The winner must be able to redeem the Grand Prize between March 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 and is subject to availability.
If the winner is not able to redeem the Grand Prize during this time the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
21. Any expenses not specifically mentioned above as part of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize does not include any expenses related to travel to, from or around Nordegg, meals, pre- and post-travel arrangements, or any applicable taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the winner. Accommodations are subject to availability. All components of the prize must be taken together. Any portion of the Grand Prize not accepted or redeemed by a winner will be forfeited and is non-transferable and not for re-sale. Regular terms of booking apply and may be reviewed at http://www.nordeggvacationrentals.ca/terms.html including registration of a credit card for the required refundable deposits.
22. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
23. All elements of the Grand Prize are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for resale and non-refundable. The Grand Prize winner is not entitled to receive any payment for any possible difference between the actual value of the Grand Prize and the estimated values. Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prize will be allowed.
24. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
25. The Sponsors will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other person for:
• any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site;
• any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
• any changes in contact information after Contest registrations are submitted; and
• any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause.
26. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsors, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsors may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
27. Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner to notify their own Government’s relevant tax department. The Sponsors takes no responsibility or liability for taxation or for any other costs incurred in connection with the prizes received in this Contest.
28. Decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding.
30. To be notified of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure sufficient Canadian postage is included) to Alberta Hiking Association, 50 50251 Range Road 234, Leduc County, Alberta T4X 0L6. Requests for the winner’s name must be received no later than February 14, 2019.
31. Sponsors are responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsors with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsors may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Contest Period.
32. The Contest hosted by the Sponsors is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
33. Rights Granted by Entrants: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), Entrant understands and agrees that the Sponsors, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsors, and the Sponsors’ licensees, members, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, Entrant represents and warrants that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, Entrant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, Entrant shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsors from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Sponsors may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
34. The Contest hosted by the Sponsors is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the Government of Alberta or Alberta Environment and Parks.